...

Friday, March 4, 2016

Scars in the mind and heart - Mental Pain

          "You stay quiet while a war happens within you."
Opening Emotions
Painting by  Martin Musox
I hold your heart with my iron fingers and grasp it until blood explodes and trickles down your body, burning your skin as if it's acid.

I light a fire, watching as the flames engulf your heart until all that is left is ashes.

I hammer into your brain multiple thin nails and build a bloodcurdling pain that sounds throughout your body and echoes back from your skin.

I cause you anxiety and stress which leads to you feverishly biting your nails off until you are met with the stump of your finger tip.

 I am your mental pain.

 Why is it so easy to say my leg hurts and so hard to say my heart aches although arguably mental pain hurts much more than physical pain?
“Highly sensitive people are too often perceived as weaklings or damaged goods. To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate. It is not the empath who is broken, it is society that has become dysfunctional and emotionally disabled. There is no shame in expressing your authentic feelings. Those who are at times described as being a 'hot mess' or having 'too many issues' are the very fabric of what keeps the dream alive for a more caring, humane world. Never be ashamed to let your tears shine a light in this world.” 




I joined an expressive writing group where we discussed this topic and many things like this. 
Check the center out here: Inside Out Center

7 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Link: http://laurelella.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/the-versatile-blogger-award.html
    If you would like to contact me, email me at: puplauren2002@outlook.com
    Have a nice day. :)
    Lauren xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must say ur way of writing is really good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations..... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete