...

Friday, February 12, 2016

White



I used to live in Saudi Arabia and when I moved to Egypt, there seemed to be a recurring color (or debatably an absence of color) attached to all my mixed emotions throughout that stage of my life: White.
     
WHITE

White walls stared blatantly back at me. Empty, bland, white walls. All the pictures previously hanged, removed. All the memories ripped off. All that's left was vacant shelves above shelves that in bygone days were stacked with books. You wouldn't believe that this had been someones home, someones sanctuary for the past 12 years.

All I could see was white. The white marbled floor that used to reside on it my favorite couch. The white airplane as I stepped onto it. The white clouds hovering below me, building a thick barrier between me and my old life.

As I step off the airplane and into a new start, I pray that this white canvas, this new white page, be filled up with memories and become again, a colorful gleam of hope.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic and so poignant :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, I hope to personally share this type of experience soon the next chapter of my life. This couldn't have been worded better ^~^

    ReplyDelete