...

Monday, February 8, 2016

Entity

The body is my protection. 
This layer of skin is a border. 
I'm you, but the purer version of you,
The one who hasn't been affected directly by the misery that seeps out of Earth. The one who injects into you that pint of hope when you get punched too many times by life's stone fist. You might wonder what exactly am I. Well, I'm everything you're not. I'm residing in you, flowing through your blood. Sometimes you hear me, when you think someone has called out your name but you feverishly look around and don't find anyone. Sometimes you feel me when you have that etching suspicion that there is a presence near you. 
I'm pure,
But unfortunately I die and get resurrected again and again.
Those down moments in your life? That's when I've left you. When you are entirely free of my presence.
However, I will finally die when you die.
When you take your last breathe, it will also be mine



4 comments: